Many are inquiring about how to chat with us using IRC.
Here’s the simple guide using Xchat.
Posted in Conferencing, Contact Us, Internet, PC, Software, Technicial Support, Video, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Tagged CHAT, Free, IRC, software, software tool, Ustream, Vista, Windows, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Mobile, Windows Vista, Windows XP, XP
If you work for an organization running Microsoft Exchange Server, you can synchronize with Exchange Server over the air.
From your PC
Before you can set up your e-mail with Exchange Server, you will need to obtain the following additional information from your IT department:
- Server name
- Whether your server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection Domain name
You will also need your:
- E-mail address
- User name
Your wireless service provider will charge you or your company for data transferred during over-the-air synchronization. If you don’t have an unlimited data plan, you might prefer to synchronize through a direct connection with your PC rather than over the air. Check with your wireless service provider for rates and details.
To be able to synchronize your smartphone with Exchange Server over the air, your organization should be running Exchange Server version 2003 or above, and it must be set up for mobility. If you’re not sure, please check with your IT department to verify both points before proceeding.
From Your Smartphone
To use your smartphone to set up over-the-air synchronization with Exchange Server, take these steps:
- From the Home screen on your smartphone, press Start and scroll to ActiveSync. Note: You may see a screen with several messages. If you click on the link that says “If your company supports syncing directly with its Exchange Server you can set up your device to sync with it,” you’ll be led through a series of steps to sync your e-mail with your Exchange Server. Otherwise, continue with the steps below.
- Select Menu > Add Server Source.
- In Server address, enter the name of the server running Exchange Server.
- Select the check box next to This server requires an encrypted (SSL) connection if required by your IT department (most companies require this). If your company requires an encrypted connection and you do not check this box, you will be unable to sync with your company’s Exchange Server.
- Select Next.
- Enter your username, password, and domain name, and select Next.
- If you want your smartphone to save your password, so you won’t have to enter it every time you want to check your mail, select Save password, which will put a checkmark in the checkbox.
- Select the check boxes for the types of information items that you want to synchronize with Exchange Server. If a box has a check in it and you don’t want to synchronize that particular type of information, click the box to uncheck it.
- To change the rules for resolving synchronization conflicts, select Menu > Advanced.
- To change synchronization details (for example, how far back in time you want to synchronize), select the type of information and click Settings.
You can also use your PC to set up over-the-air synchronization with Exchange Server. In this case, your smartphone uses your PC’s Internet connection to reach Exchange Server, rather than connecting to the Internet itself.
To synchronize using your PC, follow these steps:
- Physically connect your smartphone to the PC through the USB cable
- If your smartphone came with a CD, install Activesync 4.5 (or later) to your PC from the CD. Otherwise, to download the latest version, go to http://www.microsoft.com/canada/windowsmobile/wm07/activesync/default.mspx and follow the instructions in the Sync Setup Wizard.
- Select Synchronize directly with a server running Microsoft Exchange Server.
- Enter your logon credentials.
- Choose the information you want to synchronize with your smartphone.
- Select Finish.
Posted in Exchange Server, Mobile Devices, PC, Server 2003, Smartphones, Software, Technicial Support, Windows 7, Windows Server, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Tagged Active sync, activesync, Exchange, OTA, Over The Air, Smart Phone, software, software tool, SSL, synchronization, synchronize, T-Mobile., Verizon, Vista, Windows, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Mobile, Windows Vista, Windows XP, XP
- Ever dreamed of a software tool to track your network activity in real time?
- Ever thought of how useful it would be to know what your employees or students do when they are supposed to work or study?
- Ever lost money and/or confidential information, lacking control over your staff online activity?
Activity Monitor is the solution you needed!
Internet history on a remote PC. Updates in real time
This powerful tool allows you to track any LAN, giving you the most detailed information on what, how and when your network users performed. Whether it is a library public network, university or commercial organization network – Activity Monitor offers efficient control.
The system consists of server and client parts. Activity Monitor server can be installed on any computer in the entire LAN. Remote spy software (Agent) is a small client program that is installed on all computers on the network you want to monitor. It can be installed even remotely from the PC with Activity Monitor on it or via Active Directory Group Policy in a Windows domain.
Any computer in the network under control can be spied remotely. You may tune this computer monitoring software so that it will record activity on all networked computers. This information can be later used for the deeper analysis and advanced report generation.
Activity Monitor has proved its excellent efficiency in increasing the overall productivity of the establishments where it was used to track the local networks. This powerful tool from Softactivity saves your money.
Activity Monitor Key Features:
- Live view of remote desktops.
- You may easily have a look at any user’s desktop.
- Easy Internet usage monitoring.
- Web surfing history logging. Real time tracking and recording of all URLs visited in browser.
- Monitor software usage.
- Monitor programs usage activity in real time. With this feature you know what programs and for how long your network users use during the day.
- Record activity log for all workplaces in one centralized location on main computer with Activity Monitor installed.
- Central Log Database stores typed keystrokes, programs usage info with time stamps, application path and window names, visited web sites, email, IM messages and more.
- Store complete history of communications for every user.
- Emails sent and received via POP/SMTP.
- IM chats in MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo messenger, ICQ, IRC. You can see both sides of all conversations.
- Messages typed in all web forums, chat rooms, social networking, webmail can be seen on a keystrokes log.
- Track any user’s keystrokes on your screen in real time mode. Passwords, email, chat conversation – you have the full picture!
- SoftActivity Keylogger module supports all international characters including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic, etc.
- Take snapshots of the remote PC screen with SoftActivity’s IntelliSnap™ technology. Easy spying without your presence. Time-sorted history of the activity in compressed JPEGs on your computer.
- Screenshots recorded on all computers can be stored in one centralized location on main computer;
- IntelliSnap™ technology takes screenshots based on user actions, versus just time intervals;
- With IntelliSnap™ you will see screenshots of every web page visited, every instant message, email and webmail messages the person was reading or sending, and more
- Completely secure solution (Improved!)
- Only managers authorized with password can connect to a remote computer
- New! Network communications are encrypted with SSL
- Central Log Database is strongly encrypted to provide access to reports only for authorized managers
- Strong encryption of log files located on monitored computers, so users can’t view or modify them
- Total control over the networked computers. Start or terminate remote processes, run commands, copy files from remote systems. You may even turn the computer off or restart it, not to mention logging off the current user.
- Deploy Activity Monitor Agent (the client part of the software) remotely from the administrator’s PC to all computers in your network.
- View reports based on Central Logs Database with SoftActivity LogViewer
- Top Programs report for every user shows in what applications users spent their working computer time.
- Top Websites report for every user on the network combined with complete Internet history
- View all email and chat messages sent/received by users
- Search reports and filter by date interval
- Easy to understand reports in HTML format for viewing in browser
- Export logs to MS Excel for advanced analysis. View total picture of what programs users work with.
- Several managers in the organization can use Activity Monitor to track users in their departments.
- New! One computer can be monitored by more than one administrator at the same time
- Multilingual international features
- Activity Monitor user interface is available in 11 languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean
- Can display email, chat, other reports and record keystrokes is any language. Activity Monitor is a unicode program
- Increase personnel productivity instantly.
- Eliminate personal use of Internet, Email, IM and social networks at work
- Prevent viewing of inappropriate content by employees at work
- Stop employees wasting work time on computer games
- Protect your company from legal lawsuits & reduce liability risk.
- In most jurisdictions, employers hold some form liability and accountability for the actions of their employees. You need to monitor their communications
- Employees can sue the company for a hostile workplace environment if they are unwittingly exposed to inappropriate or offensive materials on company computers or harassment via email, for example
- Protect your company from fraudulent activity.
- Employees often have access to sensitive personal information which can either be misused by the employee or sold on to a third party.
- Protect from intellectual property and trade secrets theft
- A recent study by Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute found that 75% of IPT’s were carried out by current members of staff.
- Keep records of your company’s electronic communications
- For some companies/organizations retention of records can be a regulatory compliance requirement
- Collected records can be used in an internal investigation if such need arises
Other Activity Monitor features include:
- You see it instantly on your screen when users type text on their computers.
- Autodetection of all networked computers with Agent installed.
- Monitor multiple employee computers simultaneously from a single workstation in LAN Free evaluation version allows monitoring of only one computer
- Workplace surveillance software part, running on the monitored PC, is difficult to find for an employee as it runs completely invisible. Users can not terminate Activity Monitor Agent in Task Manager without Administrator user rights, not see recorded logs
- Install, uninstall or stop Agent spy program remotely from the administrator’s PC.
- Automatically download recordings files from all computers on a scheduled basis and store them in central database.
- Easy to install and use.
Posted in Network Monitoring, PC, Technicial Support, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Tagged Activity Monitor, employees, Internet usage, network activity, PC, software, software tool, track, Vista, Windows, Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP, XP
Symantec Backup Exec™ System Recovery 2010 Desktop Edition is a simple, cost-effective backup and recovery solution for small businesses that helps minimize downtime and avoid disaster by easily recovering individual data files/folders or complete Windows desktops or laptops in minutes – not hours or days – even to different hardware, virtual environments, or remote locations.
- Backup desktops and laptops automatically, without disrupting employee productivity, and save to any disk storage device
- Recover complete systems in minutes to same or dissimilar hardware with Restore Anyware™ Technology, including support for Windows 7
- Restore individual files and folders in seconds using the built-in search tool or Google Desktop
- Enables offsite Backup Copy to FTP location or secondary disk drive for enhanced disaster recovery capabilities
- Recover what you need, when and where you need it, including individual files, folders or complete systems in minutes, even to dissimilar hardware or virtual environments.
- Manage your business not your backups with proactive data and system protection, all from an easy-to-use, wizard-driven interface
- Replace time-consuming, manual and error-prone processes with fast, reliable, automated recovery to dramatically minimize downtime and avoid disaster
- Centrally manage backup and recovery tasks for multiple desktops/laptops across your entire organization (via Backup Exec System Recovery Manager)
Posted in Data Backup & Recovery, PC, Technicial Support, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Tagged 7, Backup, PC, Recovery, Symantec, Symantec Backup Exec, System Recovery 2010 Desktop Edition, Vista, Windows, XP