Search The Blog
Ellen on Get Video Conferencing –… Ellen on Get Video Conferencing –… Keeping Viruses and… on The Facebook Virus… Beware! ary suseno on An iPhone Killer? The Nokia N8… Page not found… on What is Jailbreaking an i…
- Thanks for the recent follow @SweetBee_Yoga @xtrabaconplease Happy to connect :) have a great Saturday. ➡️Get this🆓❓ commun.it/thank-you/?aid… 2 weeks ago
- Thanks for the recent follow @rapidrankingseo @k4_ @MaderaKilvio Happy to connect :) have a great Saturday. ➡️🆓 commun.it/thank-you/?aid… 2 weeks ago
- Thanks for the recent follow @nancyryan8864 @MarcMarc1981 Happy to connect :) have a great Friday. ➡️Want this 🆓❓ commun.it/grow-your-foll… 2 weeks ago
- Thanks for the recent follow @IMY_Nederland @56catf @GosselinShanell Happy to connect :) have a great Friday. 🔹 commun.it/thank-you/?aid… 2 weeks ago
- Thanks for the recent follow @jayashley1971 @JuniorCarpetCon Happy to connect :) have a great Thursday. >Want this🆓❓ commun.it/thank-you/?aid… 2 weeks ago
Popular Tags4sale 7 Active sync activesync Activity Monitor Anti-Virus Antivirus AT&T AVG B Backup Battery Blackberry Smartphones Bugs Buy Cell Phone Classifieds Conferencing Craigslist craigslist.com craigwatch employees Exchange facebook File File Transfer For Sale Free FTP Internet Internet usage Iphone Laptop monitor network activity Notebook Online OTA Over The Air PC power meter PPC Recovery Replace Sale search Smart Phone SnapYap software software tool spyware SSL Symantec Symantec Backup Exec synchronization synchronize System Recovery 2010 Desktop Edition T-Mobile. track Trade Transfer Verizon Video Video Conferencing Virus viruses Vista watch Windows Windows 7 Windows 2000 Windows Mobile Windows Vista Windows XP XP
Tag Archives: Internet usage
We’ve talked about how popular wireless broadband is for a growing spectrum of the population. I personally would give up my iPod before my 3G USB modem. But how much bandwidth can you really get? DSL Reports recently noted that Canadian wireless provider Telus is backtracking on its original unlimited wireless broadband plan and capping users at 1GB for $65. That has some rural users in a tizzy since they use it for their home network. I’d be in a tizzy too, since I use my modem whenever I travel or visit coffee shops rather than pay for Wi-Fi.
In the U.S., Sprint started enforcing a 5 GB data cap on unlimited plans in May; since few people reached those caps the wider consumer market hasn’t protested. But with the iPhone, reasonably priced 3G data plans and the carrier focus on increasing data usage, how long before consumers believe 5GB isn’t enough?
As this article from the Register makes clear, wireless broadband is pricier to deploy than fiber or DSL, and as more people use it, carriers need to upgrade their networks via new infrastructure (base stations and backhaul) and buy more spectrum. That’s expensive, which means that limits –even on potentially fat LTE networks– could be here to stay. Here are details on a few North American mobile broadband plans to show how much you can get for your dollar or loonie. If anyone can help me with Telcel’s plans, I’ll add those too.
Verizon Wireless: 5GB data plans range from $24.99 to $44.99 for phones and are $59.99 for wireless modems.
AT&T: 5 GB data plans range from $30 for unlimited personal use to $60 for unlimited use plus tethering for phones and $60 for wireless data cards.
T-Mobile: Unlimited data plans for phones range from $29.99 for the Sidekick to $89.99 for an enterprise BlackBerry plan. Unlimited data cards are available for $49.99 a month, but they only work on the EDGE network.
Sprint: Has an 5GB wireless data plan for phone included in its $99 Simply Everything plan or as part of two other plans that range from $69.99 to $169.99. Wireless card users pay $59.99 a month for up to 5 GB.
Rogers Communications: Offers data card plans for $100 that give users up to 6 GB and costs 50 cents for each MB over the limit.
Bell Canada: Offers up to 5 GB for $80 a month for data cards and 1GB for data on smart phones for $100. It sells a $10 unlimited data plan with the Samsung Instinct phone.
Updated with more plans:
Leap Wireless: As keith pointed out in the comments, Cricket has a 5 GB data card plan for $40.
AT&T GoPhone: Kevin over at jkontherun drew my attention to the prepaid AT&T GoPhone’s data plan for $20 a month. It has the same 5GB cap and requires you to pop out the SIM card, but it’s a steal.
- Ever dreamed of a software tool to track your network activity in real time?
- Ever thought of how useful it would be to know what your employees or students do when they are supposed to work or study?
- Ever lost money and/or confidential information, lacking control over your staff online activity?
Activity Monitor is the solution you needed!
This powerful tool allows you to track any LAN, giving you the most detailed information on what, how and when your network users performed. Whether it is a library public network, university or commercial organization network – Activity Monitor offers efficient control.
The system consists of server and client parts. Activity Monitor server can be installed on any computer in the entire LAN. Remote spy software (Agent) is a small client program that is installed on all computers on the network you want to monitor. It can be installed even remotely from the PC with Activity Monitor on it or via Active Directory Group Policy in a Windows domain.
Any computer in the network under control can be spied remotely. You may tune this computer monitoring software so that it will record activity on all networked computers. This information can be later used for the deeper analysis and advanced report generation.
Activity Monitor has proved its excellent efficiency in increasing the overall productivity of the establishments where it was used to track the local networks. This powerful tool from Softactivity saves your money.
Activity Monitor Key Features:
- Live view of remote desktops.
- You may easily have a look at any user’s desktop.
- Easy Internet usage monitoring.
- Web surfing history logging. Real time tracking and recording of all URLs visited in browser.
- Monitor software usage.
- Monitor programs usage activity in real time. With this feature you know what programs and for how long your network users use during the day.
- Record activity log for all workplaces in one centralized location on main computer with Activity Monitor installed.
- Central Log Database stores typed keystrokes, programs usage info with time stamps, application path and window names, visited web sites, email, IM messages and more.
- Store complete history of communications for every user.
- Emails sent and received via POP/SMTP.
- IM chats in MSN Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, Yahoo messenger, ICQ, IRC. You can see both sides of all conversations.
- Messages typed in all web forums, chat rooms, social networking, webmail can be seen on a keystrokes log.
- Track any user’s keystrokes on your screen in real time mode. Passwords, email, chat conversation – you have the full picture!
- SoftActivity Keylogger module supports all international characters including English, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Korean, Cyrillic, etc.
- Take snapshots of the remote PC screen with SoftActivity’s IntelliSnap™ technology. Easy spying without your presence. Time-sorted history of the activity in compressed JPEGs on your computer.
- Screenshots recorded on all computers can be stored in one centralized location on main computer;
- IntelliSnap™ technology takes screenshots based on user actions, versus just time intervals;
- With IntelliSnap™ you will see screenshots of every web page visited, every instant message, email and webmail messages the person was reading or sending, and more
- Completely secure solution (Improved!)
- Only managers authorized with password can connect to a remote computer
- New! Network communications are encrypted with SSL
- Central Log Database is strongly encrypted to provide access to reports only for authorized managers
- Strong encryption of log files located on monitored computers, so users can’t view or modify them
- Total control over the networked computers. Start or terminate remote processes, run commands, copy files from remote systems. You may even turn the computer off or restart it, not to mention logging off the current user.
- Deploy Activity Monitor Agent (the client part of the software) remotely from the administrator’s PC to all computers in your network.
- View reports based on Central Logs Database with SoftActivity LogViewer
- Top Programs report for every user shows in what applications users spent their working computer time.
- Top Websites report for every user on the network combined with complete Internet history
- View all email and chat messages sent/received by users
- Search reports and filter by date interval
- Easy to understand reports in HTML format for viewing in browser
- Export logs to MS Excel for advanced analysis. View total picture of what programs users work with.
- Several managers in the organization can use Activity Monitor to track users in their departments.
- New! One computer can be monitored by more than one administrator at the same time
- Multilingual international features
- Activity Monitor user interface is available in 11 languages: English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Portuguese, Russian, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Japanese, Korean
- Can display email, chat, other reports and record keystrokes is any language. Activity Monitor is a unicode program
- Increase personnel productivity instantly.
- Eliminate personal use of Internet, Email, IM and social networks at work
- Prevent viewing of inappropriate content by employees at work
- Stop employees wasting work time on computer games
- Protect your company from legal lawsuits & reduce liability risk.
- In most jurisdictions, employers hold some form liability and accountability for the actions of their employees. You need to monitor their communications
- Employees can sue the company for a hostile workplace environment if they are unwittingly exposed to inappropriate or offensive materials on company computers or harassment via email, for example
- Protect your company from fraudulent activity.
- Employees often have access to sensitive personal information which can either be misused by the employee or sold on to a third party.
- Protect from intellectual property and trade secrets theft
- A recent study by Carnegie Mellon University’s Software Engineering Institute found that 75% of IPT’s were carried out by current members of staff.
- Keep records of your company’s electronic communications
- For some companies/organizations retention of records can be a regulatory compliance requirement
- Collected records can be used in an internal investigation if such need arises
Other Activity Monitor features include:
- You see it instantly on your screen when users type text on their computers.
- Autodetection of all networked computers with Agent installed.
- Monitor multiple employee computers simultaneously from a single workstation in LAN Free evaluation version allows monitoring of only one computer
- Workplace surveillance software part, running on the monitored PC, is difficult to find for an employee as it runs completely invisible. Users can not terminate Activity Monitor Agent in Task Manager without Administrator user rights, not see recorded logs
- Install, uninstall or stop Agent spy program remotely from the administrator’s PC.
- Automatically download recordings files from all computers on a scheduled basis and store them in central database.
- Easy to install and use.